I am a licensed psychotherapist who provides individual counseling to people in New York City and throughout New York state. I’m dedicated to empowering you to explore your feelings, conquer anxiety and depression, navigate life transitions, and fortify your relationships.
Applying my background as a trained full-spectrum doula and comprehensive health educator, I also offer support for sexuality exploration and perinatal mental health. Using a holistic, person-centered approach, I draw upon psychodynamic therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and mindfulness techniques to support your well-being.
In our sessions together, I’ll help you navigate life’s challenges, develop practical skills, and embrace profound shifts in perspective.
In our work, you will be able to:
- Learn how to embrace and honor your authentic self
- Discover a path to healing within systems of oppression and injustice
- Gain a better understanding of your emotions and heal past wounds
- Explore and harness your inner resilience and power
- Revitalize fulfilling and supportive connections within relationships and community
With compassion, empathy, and non-judgment, I aim to instill the belief that you can not only survive but also thrive in this world. If this resonates with you, I encourage you to book a complimentary consultation with me today. I look forward to supporting you on your journey.
Janel Coleman, LMSW is a therapy associate at Madison Square Psychotherapy, a partner of Clarity Health + Wellness.