You’re capable of personal transformation and powerful change. You may not feel it, but the power to create this change is already within you at this very moment. As a therapist, I help my clients realize the possibility of their own transformation, and what this looks like in their lives.
As a registered Health at Every Size practitioner, I celebrate body diversity and help clients embrace their bodies unconditionally and learn to enjoy food without guilt, shame, or fear. I honor ethnicity, gender, dis/ability, sexual orientation, class and other attributes that make each of us human and unique.
As a practicing attorney for low-income individuals and former professional dancer in New York City, I’ve had the privilege of working with individuals across diverse backgrounds and life experiences. Throughout my career in these professions, I noticed many people seemed to have lost their inner spark of creativity and passion, and felt stuck or unable to reconnect with their true selves.
My goal is to help clients reclaim their passion and sense of purpose that may have been blocked by life’s challenges, or as the result of living a life for others. Despite what you’ve always been told, you can create meaningful work that doesn’t sacrifice your values or beliefs, and also rewards you financially.
I offer therapy for individuals, couples, and families and draw from approaches including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), and Psychodynamic (Insight-Oriented) Therapy.
By combining these empirically-based approaches with intuitive tools such as yoga, meditation, mindfulness, tarot and astrology, my clients are able to overcome obstacles such as:
- Staying in an unmotivating career because it pays the bills but not much else.
- Feeling blocked because you tell yourself that you’re too old or that it will be too difficult to start over in your dream career.
- Sacrificing your own happiness because you’ve convinced yourself that your current salary, the next promotion, or the expectations of others are more important.
- Thoughts about the size or shape of your body take up too much space in your head and in your life.
- Avoiding the doctor because you’re made to feel like your body is a problem.
Do any of these statements resonate with you? If so, I encourage you to reach out today for a complimentary 30-minute phone session so that we can get to know each other.
The knowledge of what you want from life is available to you now.
Let’s begin together.