I am a licensed trauma therapist and I provide teletherapy to individuals in New York City and throughout New York state. My specialty is developing distress tolerance, or making stress feel less overwhelming. I work with clients aged 5-18, 18+ as individuals and/or families.
Stress exists as a necessary part of the human experience. For some, this experience has been more dangerous, disruptive, or overwhelming. In our sessions, I’ll provide the opportunity for you to reconnect with a sense of safety to move into a fuller life.
I practice from a combination of therapy models. I use Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) as the basis for skill building. Sensorimotor Psychotherapy is a guide for regulating the nervous system. Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) builds a deeper connection to our authentic goals.
Working with these evidence-based models, I create a therapeutic space to help you:
- Establish and practice interpersonal skills for use in relationships and conflict management.
- Learn to understand and regulate feelings of discomfort, anxiety, and fear.
- Develop a deeper sense of compassion towards yourself to reduce self-sabotaging behaviors.
- Work through your trauma narrative, using skills to release tension trapped in your body.
- Improve understanding and recognition of emotions to develop healthier means of expression.
Therapy is a bridge to a more fulfilling life. Finding a safe way to explore the most painful parts of your experience can be risky but rewarding.
If you feel ready, please reach out today for a complimentary 30-minute phone session.