I am a licensed psychotherapist who works with individuals including adolescents and young adults in New York City and throughout New York state. I specialize in therapy for depression, trauma, LGBTIQA+, BIPOC, identity exploration, spiritual and existential concerns, and more.
Over the past fifteen years, life has allowed me to work with people from many different communities- from a blossoming neighborhood in Louisiana, to a migrant sanctuary in Egypt; from a harm reduction program in Los Angeles, to a haven for survivors of violence in Chicago.
Bearing witness to how people are harmed by and healed from difficult circumstances, in combination with my own lived experience, have deeply shaped how I practice as a trauma therapist. Hearing and holding another person’s story is a gift, and I listen with reverence.
I draw from a foundation of trauma training and liberation psychology. My therapeutic approach blends Relational-Cultural Theory, Internal Family Systems (IFS) Therapy, and Sensorimotor Psychotherapy. I also provide Eye Movement Desensitization + Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy for the treatment of trauma.
Together we’ll allow you to:
- Heal, unburden and better understand the different parts of yourself
- Explore how power and privilege (related to race, gender, sexuality, class, ability and more) manifest inside and outside of the therapy room
- Love the younger versions of you who are carrying old hurts
- Live a life where you feel sacred, full, free and focused
- Explore how your body is both an avenue for understanding your story and how it can be a resource to you
I look forward to helping you to hear yourself again. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me today to schedule a complimentary consultation.