Stay safe and connected
Covid-19 Safety Measures
Your Wellbeing Comes First
We’re implementing increased safety measures for clients who are looking forward to meeting their therapist in person at our office.
Mental health services are considered essential healthcare according to the State of New York. Therefore we’re resuming in-person psychotherapy at this time. However, we continue to offer virtual therapy. Please reach out to see if in-person or telehealth is a viable option for you.
We’re implementing increased safety measures for clients who are looking forward to meeting their therapist in person at our office. Please consider your individual health needs and the needs of your loved ones when deciding whether to come into the office or make a virtual therapy appointment.
Virtual therapy is an ideal option for anyone who is considered high risk (60 years old or over and or having an underlying health condition).
Please talk with your therapist about online counseling if you’ve experienced any of the below scenarios.
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 2 weeks.
- If you are exhibiting symptoms such as a fever, cough, sore throat, or trouble breathing within the last 48 hours.
- If you have been directly exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 2 weeks.
- If you have traveled to any of the COVID-19 hot spots or traveled by plane internationally within the last two weeks.
What Covid-19 safety measures has the practice implemented?
Before your appointment you’ll be sent an informed consent form through our secure portal that contains our safety measures to sign and review. Feel free to review it before your visit if you like.
We’re taking the following precautionary measures for clients who want to continue seeing their therapist in the office:
- 6 feet or more of distance between therapists and clients during sessions.
- Staggering client appointments 15 minutes apart so no more than two people should be in the reception area.
- • We are heavily disinfecting the office at the end of the day and beginning of each day.
- • Each therapist sanitizes their therapy room with Clorox wipes in between client sessions.
- • Each office is equipped with a HEPA air purifier running 24/7.
- • Self-cleaning nanotechnology on high-touch surfaces.
- • Each office has windows that can be opened and individually controlled air conditioning units.
- • Hand washing station available in the reception area.
- • Complimentary disposable masks available for each visit.
- • Face masks and face shields worn by all therapists and staff.
- • Your therapist may request to take your temperature with a touchless thermometer before entering the office.
- • Clients can request additional safety measures, including additional plexiglass partitions, and covering furniture with sterile wrappers.
- • Tissues and trash bins are easily accessed. Trash is disposed of on a frequent basis.
What we’re asking of clients who are coming to sessions in office
• Please wash your hands or use the hand sanitizer that’s provided as needed.
• A face mask must be worn at all times (including the hallway and bathrooms). Masks should be worn covering both the mouth and nose in order to be effective and offer adequate protection for you and your therapist.
• If for some reason there are 2 people or more in the waiting area, please contact your therapist directly and wait outside of the building until your therapist is ready to see you.
• Maintain appropriate social distance at all times while in the building, including in the waiting area.
• If you are doing any domestic or international travel please inform your therapist. Based on the safety level of your destination, you may be asked to transition to online sessions for two weeks.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us or your therapist directly if you have any concerns or questions.